Wednesday 12 November 2008

Strictly Too Serious...



I know. I know. I said on Sunday he can't dance and it really is time he went, but I think the judges are getting a bit over excited about things. This is a DANCE competition, yes, but it's not as if anyone on it is really going to get crowned Champion at the World Ballroom Dancing competition is it (unless he's called Anton du Beke, and he did it dancing with, oh yes, a fellow professional...)? Half the fun of Strictly is watching the judges squirm as the public stubbornly and persistently vote the opposite way, and I agree with Alice over at Strictly TV, they should have learnt by now that moaning about it is only going to make things worse. (Have just found two Keep John Sergeant In groups on Facebook where people seem really quite riled that the judges are daring to presume to tell them how to vote.) Mind you, perhaps it's all a big plot and the judges say these things to ensure the public votes the wrong way and therefore interest is kept in the competition.

But all in all I think it's just getting a tad silly. And I know he or Jodie should really go now, being the worst two dancers in the competition as that would be fair (but since when was life fair, hmmm?), but it is hard not to be entertained by someone who makes a virtue out of being so bad in such a disarming manner. Here's his dance from Saturday again. I defy you not to smile....

2 comments:

Marie said...

Gaaah! Every time I open your site this switches on automatically, and I hear the phone ring and think that it's mine!

Jane Henry said...

Sorry about that. Don't know why it kept happening. The You Tube version seems better!